Monday, October 27, 2008

MOUNT KOSCIUSKO (mountain environment)

Mt. Kosciusko was awesome, best experience ever.

When i arrived at Mt Kosciusko National Park, i was blown away at how beautiful the view was.
I dropped my bags into my little villa and off i went!
I met my skiing instructor and he taught me lots of things about skiing. It was loads fun!

By the time i was an alright skiier i thought it was time to relax, i went back to my room and had a little nap :) When i woke up, i was STARVING so i prepared some dinner for me, i quickly threw together some spag bowl and ate it very quick :)
I was still extremly exhausted so i went back to sleeep, i woke up the next morning at 8.00.

That day it was time to start my trek to try and reach the summit of Mt Kosciusko, i got about half way and wanted to turn back although my group and my leader were encouraging me to keep going. so what did i do, i kept going. what a stupid choice! all i wanted to do was die, my whole body was killing me but i kept thinking of the positive side of things and kept going. after a long time i eventually reached the summit of the mountain, WHAT A BEAUITUFL SIGHT, i was amazed :)

We all our cameras out and took as many photos as possible until it was time to leave :)
It was easy on our way down as most of it was down hill so i wasn't complaining as much :P Time went by but we finally reached the bottom of the mountain and i was so proud of my group and i that we made it. It was the best experience ever. I was exhausted though.
The whole way up and down the mountain our instructor, Nathen was telling us useful information about Mount Kosciusko =]


The useful information i learnt:
- Mount Kosciusko is the biggest mountain in Australia
- Mount Kosciusko is 2,228 metres or 7,310 feet high.
- A Polish man called Tadeusz Andrdzej discovered Mount Kosciuko.
- Located in southern New South Wales, close to the Victorian border in the Australian Alps.
- Mount Kosciusko was formed by two plates which were pushed together in the ground
- It may not be one of the highest mountains in the world but its one of the oldest.



Catchyas later :)

No comments: