Monday, October 27, 2008

BONDI BEACH (coastal environment)

Hey guys,

You have probably all read about my first and second stop on my world trip visiting different environments. Well this post is about my third stop, Bondi Beach!

I arived at the airport from QLD bright and early, as soon as i went through customs and got my luggage, i was off. I caught a taxi straight to my hotel that i'm staying at. Once i had unpacked i got my thing ready and i was off to Bondi Beach.
As soon as i got to the beach, i was shocked! IT WAS PACKED!!!
Sarcasticly, i thought that there would be no room for me :)
There were many tourists and as for the lifeguards, i was speechless :)
I had recently heard of the show Bondi Rescue and heard about all the great things there were there, but i had also heard about the not so great things :S
BLUE BOTTLES!
There were kids running up to the lifequards holding their body, they were crying. It was terrible.
So many tourists had been stung but they had NO idea of what the blue things were rapped around their body.
It was horrible, so many tears, so much pain!
Some people got stung on their belly, legs and arms whilst others got stung in not so combfurtable places :)


Useful Information:
- 1km long, this south facing beach can attract more than 40,000 visitors on a typical summer weekend.
- The surf can range from very large surfable waves to calm quiet one day to the next
- There are rockpools located at either end of the beach.
- You can find some some great restaurants located across from the beach.
- There is a great coastal walk (6km) starting at the south end of the beach that takes in spectacular ocean views.


No comments: